One early morning I, Brian Esparza got up to go to school just like every other day. This specific day will be always remembered. The exact day would be January 25, 2016 , it would change my view of the world drastically. Here is how it had started.
Every morning I had the daily routine of meeting up with my two friends Marcos and Chris before I left to school. It had started just like any other day, that is what I had pictured for the rest of the day. Marcos and I had been having problems with some people all week. I was supposed to get in a fight this day over something that was pointless. Well the day continued and we were cracking jokes all day long. We had made plans to hangout after school, after the fight was over with. Throughout the day word had spread and my older brother had heard and made me go home with him instead of my friends. After sixth period I had met up with Marcos and told him what went down with my brother. He said it was all good that he'll see me tomorrow. I was like " alright bro stay up." and left off to my last class.
The school day ends and I go home with my brother. About an hour after I got to my house my dad gets home and says that around the corner from our house the street Suey was closed with cops all over. we didn't think much of it thinking it was something small. I end up going out with my cousins and while I am with them I start getting a lot of calls from everyone. everyone starts to ask me what had happened to Marcos if I was ok. I was lost, I didn't know what to say. I then call Chris who I knew would of been with him. When he answers he tells me he is at the Santa Maria Police Department and what had happened I was at lost for words. I kept calling Marco's phone hoping everybody was just joking with me, but he didn't answer.
I had soon come to realize that the block off of the street earlier was because he died right after school had gone out. I blamed myself and I still do to this date. I didn't handle what I had started and they took it out n him. my best friend could have been here the day of today if it wasn't for my actions. I was furious I wanted to retaliate, I wanted something to be done especially that we knew who had done it.
This day changed everything for me, it gave me a whole new way to look at life. it made me appreciate my time left here. fast forward to 2018 I have not heard a word from Chris in about a year. I also try to pay attention to every sign Marcos sends me everyday. Losing your bestfriend is something that no one should experience at the age of 15. Long Live Marcos.
Every morning I had the daily routine of meeting up with my two friends Marcos and Chris before I left to school. It had started just like any other day, that is what I had pictured for the rest of the day. Marcos and I had been having problems with some people all week. I was supposed to get in a fight this day over something that was pointless. Well the day continued and we were cracking jokes all day long. We had made plans to hangout after school, after the fight was over with. Throughout the day word had spread and my older brother had heard and made me go home with him instead of my friends. After sixth period I had met up with Marcos and told him what went down with my brother. He said it was all good that he'll see me tomorrow. I was like " alright bro stay up." and left off to my last class.
The school day ends and I go home with my brother. About an hour after I got to my house my dad gets home and says that around the corner from our house the street Suey was closed with cops all over. we didn't think much of it thinking it was something small. I end up going out with my cousins and while I am with them I start getting a lot of calls from everyone. everyone starts to ask me what had happened to Marcos if I was ok. I was lost, I didn't know what to say. I then call Chris who I knew would of been with him. When he answers he tells me he is at the Santa Maria Police Department and what had happened I was at lost for words. I kept calling Marco's phone hoping everybody was just joking with me, but he didn't answer.
I had soon come to realize that the block off of the street earlier was because he died right after school had gone out. I blamed myself and I still do to this date. I didn't handle what I had started and they took it out n him. my best friend could have been here the day of today if it wasn't for my actions. I was furious I wanted to retaliate, I wanted something to be done especially that we knew who had done it.
This day changed everything for me, it gave me a whole new way to look at life. it made me appreciate my time left here. fast forward to 2018 I have not heard a word from Chris in about a year. I also try to pay attention to every sign Marcos sends me everyday. Losing your bestfriend is something that no one should experience at the age of 15. Long Live Marcos.
Wow crazy, RIP🙏, Long live Marcos
ReplyDelete